SHERIFF’S OFFICE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
NEW YORK STATE SHERIFF’S SUMMER CAMP
Columbia County Sheriff David Bartlett announces that the Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications for the 2017 New York State Sheriffs' Association Institute’s Summer Camp which will be held July 2nd through July 8th, 2017.
The Sheriffs' Summer Camp is located near Penn Yan in Yates County and is supported by the Sheriffs' Association's Honorary Members through their contributions and annual dues. This year the camp will accommodate over 900 girls and boys from across New York State.
Sheriffs' Summer Camp is designed to provide a solid recreational program combined with the development of a sense of good citizenship. Deputy Sheriff’s and camp counselors work to create a positive experience for the young people who go to the camp. Throughout the week-long stay, the camp attendee’s will participate in and observe special exhibits and demonstrations presented by Sheriffs’ Offices from across the State, including K9 presentations, boat and bike safety programs, law enforcement equipment and technical demonstrations, archery competitions and a talent show.
The camp is free of charge and transportation is provided by the Sheriff’s Association Institute.
The requirements for attending summer camp are:
* Campers must be between the ages of 9 and 12 during their camp session.
* Children must have a complete physical signed by a licensed physician.
* Children must have their immunization records up to date to meet the NYS Immunization Requirements.
* Deputy Sheriffs’ and Sheriff’s Office personnel children are not eligible.
* We are looking for children who would otherwise not have an opportunity to go to a summer camp.
* **Children will not be allowed to have cell phones or any electronic equipment while at camp. Children will also not be allowed to contact home unless there is an emergency.**
If your child is interested in attending summer camp this year, applications can be picked up at the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office, 85 Industrial Tract, Hudson, New York or with the School Resource Deputies at Taconic Hills, Ichabod Crane, Chatham, New Lebanon, Germantown and Hudson. Since there is a limited number of spaces, priority will be based on fully completed applications returned by April 1, 2017. If you have any questions, please call Confidential Assistant Rebecca Milone 518-828-0601 x 1400.