The National Weather Service has the area under a winter storm watch, to begin late Monday night:
Winter Storm Watch
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...
* LOCATIONS...Northwestern Connecticut...central and eastern
Mohawk Valley...Greater Capital Region...Mid Hudson Valley...
Lake George Saratoga Region...Taconics...and southeastern
* HAZARD TYPES...Heavy snowfall is possible Monday night through
* Snow Accumulations...Greater than 7 inches of snow is possible
between Monday night through Wednesday.
* TIMING...A coastal storm will bring a period of potentially
heavy snowfall to the region between Monday night and
* IMPACTS...Potentially heavy snowfall Monday night through
Wednesday could allow for dangerous travel conditions.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.