From National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM EDT THIS
* LOCATIONS...The eastern Catskills, Schoharie Valley, Greater
Capital Region, Mohawk Valley, northern and central Taconics,
* HAZARD TYPES...Snow, Sleet and Freezing Rain.
* Snow and Sleet Accumulations...Snow and Sleet accumulations of a
few tenths of an inch in valley areas, and up to an inch across
higher elevations, especially across the Berkshires.
* Ice Accumulations...Trace to up to a tenth of an inch, with the
greatest amounts across the western Mohawk Valley.
* TIMING...Snow will overspread the region between 8 and 10 AM
this morning, then quickly transition to sleet and freezing
rain by the late morning. Temperatures continue to rise above
freezing in the early afternoon changing the mixed precipitation
to plain rain.
* IMPACTS...Slippery travel conditions due to snow or ice
covered roads during the morning commute into the early
* Winds...South 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures...In the upper 20s to lower 30s this morning,
rising above freezing in the late morning into the afternoon.
* Visibilities...Less than a mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.
Eastern AlbanyEastern ColumbiaEastern GreeneEastern RensselaerEastern SchenectadyMontgomerySchoharieSouthern FultonSouthern HerkimerSouthern SaratogaWestern AlbanyWestern ColumbiaWestern GreeneWestern RensselaerWestern SchenectadyWestern Ulster