From National Weather Service:
Winter Weather Advisory
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM FRIDAY TO 5 PM EDT
The National Weather Service in Albany has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for Snow, Sleet and Freezing Rain, which is in
effect from 2 AM Friday to 5 PM EDT Saturday.
* LOCATIONS...Southern Adirondacks, Mohawk Valley, Lake George
Saratoga Region, Capital Region, Schoharie Valley, eastern
Catskills and Taconics.
* HAZARD TYPES...Snow, sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations...3 to 6 inches of snow and sleet with up to one
tenth of an inch of ice across the higher terrain.
* TIMING...Snow will overspread the area late tonight into Friday
morning. The snow will mix with sleet and freezing rain at times
beginning early Friday morning with periods of precipitation
continuing through Friday night. The wintry mixture will end as
a period of snow Saturday morning.
* IMPACTS...Heavy, wet snow, sleet and freezing rain have the
potential to result in power outages. Snow and ice covered
roadways will potentially make travel dangerous.
* Visibilities...Occasionally less than a mile in heavier
* Temperatures...In the lower 30s.
* Snowfall Rates...Up to an inch per hour at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.
Eastern AlbanyEastern ColumbiaEastern DutchessEastern RensselaerEastern SchenectadyMontgomeryNortheastern Nye CountyNorthern FultonNorthern HerkimerNorthern WashingtonSchoharieSoutheast WarrenSouthern FultonSouthern HerkimerSouthern SaratogaSouthern WashingtonWestern AlbanyWestern GreeneWestern RensselaerWestern SchenectadyWestern Ulster
Here's what Channel 13 thinks we'll get: