Big scare for Cairo residents, Fire quickly put out

posted by Bill Williams -

From Town of Cairo Police:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE PROPER FUEL SOURCE FOR HEATING

Police and Fire responded to a residence on Jerome Avenue Friday, for a report of a possible explosion. A rapid responding Cairo Fireman was first to arrive as an occupant from the residence came out screaming.

The Fireman was able to quickly stop a fire from consuming a residence that was occupied by a family. The Fireman extinguished the flames immediately and minimized damage. The Red Cross aided the family at the scene.

The cause appears to be that a KEROSENE heater was accidentally filled with GASOLINE causing the rapidly growing fire as the heater was lit. A container was simply thought to have contained KEROSENE and actually contained GASOLINE.

THANKS TO CAIRO FIRE FOR AN IMMEDIATE RESPONSE AND AWESOME STOP.

Comments

Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Want to know more about Bill Williams? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on Oldies 93.5! Read more

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.