Trio arrested for possession of cocaine, heroin and marihuana subsequent to a traffic stop.
NEW YORK STATE POLICE Major Douglas R. Keyer Jr.Troop T Commander
PRESS RELEASEArdsley, NY – On June 27, 2018, at approximately 8:45 p.m., State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87, in the village of Ardsley for vehicle and traffic violations. During the interviewing of the driver Ralph C. Moody, age 48, of Ancram, NY, for the vehicle and traffic violations probable cause to search the vehicle and its occupants was established.
During the searching the vehicle and the two passengers Krista A. Chadwell, age 31, of Pittsfield, MA and Jerome Grandson, age 30, of Pittsfield, MA, approximately 13 grams of cocaine, approximately 11.6 grams of heroin and 8 grams of marihuana were located. Also, located during the search were several items of drug paraphernalia which included a spoon, glass smoking pipe, and several hypodermic needles, along with multiple wax envelopes.
All three subjects were taken into custody, transported and processed at SP Tarrytown and subsequently charged with:
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 3rd degree; a Class B Felony (with intent to sell) Grandson, 2-counts/Chadwell,1-count
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 3rd degree; a Class B Felony (Controlled substance narcotic drug) Chadwell only
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 4th degree; a Class C Felony (Grandson only 2-counts)
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 7th degree; a Class A Misdemeanor (Moody, Grandson, Chadwell)
- Possession of Hypodermic Instrument; a Class A Misdemeanor (Moody, Grandson, Chadwell)
- Unlawful Possession of Marihuana; a Violation (Moody, Chadwell)
- Vehicle and Traffic Violations (Moody only)
All three subjects were arraigned in the village of Ardsley Court. Moody remanded to the Westchester County Jail in lieu of $500. Cash or $1000. Bond, Chadwell remanded in lieu of $10,000. Cash or $15,000. Bond, Grandson remanded in lieu of $25,000. Cash or $50,000. Bond. Return court date for all three was set for July 2, 2018, at 2:00 p.m. in the village of Ardsley Court.