Bronx man arrested for possession of 3.5 grams of Cocaine and 75 grams of Rat Poison subsequent to a traffic stop.
NEW YORK STATE POLICE Major Douglas R. Keyer Jr.Troop T Commander
PRESS RELEASEWoodbury, NY – On November 28, 2018, at approximately 4:05 p.m., State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87, in the Town of Woodbury for a traffic violation. During the interview of the driver Rodolfo Castro, age 39, of Bronx, NY for the traffic violation, probable cause to search the vehicle and its occupants was established. During the searching of Castro and his vehicle approximately 3.5 grams of Cocaine, approximately 75 grams of boric acid (rat poison) and approximately 3.2 grams of Marihuana were found. Castro was transported and processed at SP Newburgh where he was subsequently charged with:
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the 4th degree; a Class C Felony
- Imitation Controlled Substance- Manufacture/Sell 1st degree; a Class A Misdemeanor
- Unlawful Possession of Marihuana; a Violation
- Violation of Probation or Parole; a Class E Felony
- Vehicle and Traffic Violation
Castro was arraigned in the Town of Woodbury Court. No bail information or return court date available at this time.